- I Thessalonians 5:1-11
- It will come just like a thief in the night.
- Reminder: The phrase “the day of the Lord” doesn’t always refer to the end of the world. The context must determine the meaning.
- I Thessalonians 2:19; 3:13; 4:13-18
- The day of the Lord is a certainty! II Peter 3:10
- The timing is unpredictable.
- Let us be alert and sober.
- I Thessalonians 5:6-8 – Jesus is making the jump from physical sleep to metaphorical sleep. We must be alert and awake spiritually. I Peter 5:8
- Remember that the devil is prowling around. We must be alert!
- Romans 13:11-14
- I Thessalonians 1:2-3, 7-8; 4:1, 10 – These were good people, but they needed the warning, too!
- II Thessalonians 3:11 – We can all fall away. Some of the Thessalonians had!
- Encourage one another.
- I Thessalonians 5:9
- I Thessalonians 1:9; II Peter 3:9
- II Thessalonians 2:13-17
- I Thessalonians 5:10
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.