- I Kings 12:24-33 – Jeroboam devises his own way of worshiping by leads the people into idolatry.
- Many Israelites believed they could worship the one true God through the golden calf. Many people still believe God can be worshipped this way through bowing down to images of the cross or other things.
- I Corinthians 10:11
- Genesis 4:3-7
- Hebrews 11:4 – Abel offered worship by faith – not by guess!
- Leviticus 10:1 – Nadab and Abihu sinned in how they worshipped.
- John 4:20-22 – The Samaritans were still practicing Jeroboam’s sins.
- It matters how we worship God!
- I Corinthians 14:14-15 – Our worship must be with spirit and understanding.
- Ephesians 5:19
- Colossians 3:16
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.