- Mark 1:8 – Baptism in the Holy Spirit meant being clothed with power to teach and demonstrate the authority of the teaching.
- Acts 1:4-5; Luke 24:46; 2:1
- Mark 1:15 – These people already believed in God, so they simply needed to repent and believe in the new teaching of Jesus. This does not mean, as some teach, that repentance comes before belief.
- Mark 1:27 – This is the first of about 26 miracles recorded in the book of Mark. See John 20:30-31.
- Mark 1:35 – Jesus started His day in prayer to the Father. There is no better way for us to start our day.
- Mark 1:34 – Miracles and unclean spirits have now ceased. Zechariah 13:2
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.