- The Leningrad Codex and Aleppo Codex
- Guttenberg Bible, printed in Germany in 1455
- Biblia Hebraica by Rudolph Kittel
- Later editions become the textus receptus for the New American Standard Bible
- Septuagint and Masoretic Text
- Jerome creates the translation known as the Vulgate in Latin
- The Apocryphal books were all written in Greek in the time between the Old and New Testaments.
- Textual criticism
- Dead Sea Scrolls
- Discovered in 1947, they are traditionally associated with the Essenes, a Jewish sect alongside the Pharisees andSadducees.
- The two copies of Isaiah prove to be more than 95% identical with the Masoretic text. The errors were primarily spelling and obvious slips of the pen.
- Canon of the Old and New Testament
- According to the Hebrew organization of the Old Testament, there were 22 books.
- The Apocrypha
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.