By David Watson
Benchley, November 28, 2012
- Titus 2:1-2
- What does the Bible teach us about becoming sound in the faith?
- Retain the standard of sound words (II Timothy 1:13)
- Don’t chase a good ear-tickling (II Timothy 4:3)
- II Timothy 4:1-5
- Truth can hurt. It is always tempting to surround yourself with people who tell you what you want to hear.
- Accept a severe reproof (Titus 1:13)
- Titus 1:10-14 – The objective of reproof is to build someone up in the faith.
- Genesis 4:3-8 – We have to get good at being told we are wrong and then improving rather than having a fit.
- Proverbs 16:18 – Pride gets in our way so much.
- Genesis 3:12-13 – Excuses get in our way.
- Romans 12:11 – Laziness gets in our way.
- Acts 26:14-15,19 – Paul did not prove disobedient to the vision he saw.